8.8.13

''Why do people place their faith in other people?''


Why do people want to place their faith in other people?

Isn't it just real simple? Our awareness of our mortality, and how that terrifies us.

Does it for you?

I think it drives everybody in some way. As you become older you become increasingly aware of your mortality. It's a subconscious thing – I don't think you wake up every day and go: 'Fuck me, I'm dying, I'd better do something.' I think early on the drive is just that people tell you you're supposed to be driven, you're supposed to do something by the time you're 25; to have gone to college or got married, and then at some point your drive is just that you're aware of your mortality. That's just my theory.

Excerpt from an interview with Joaquin Phoenix, The Guardian

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

"Tα ...πολλά λόγια δεν ειναι...φτώχεια! (Οι νεοφιλελευθερες,... ''σοσιαλδημοκρατικές'' και ..φασιστικές πολιτικες, ομως;)